Monday, June 8, 2009

Jus Mic- Still Standing


Photobucket

So, where do I start? I have known Jus Mic for about 4 years now. We first became "homie's" back at our job at a print finishing company in downtown Cleveland. I came into the place only 17 years old fresh off of being kicked out of my parents home. I was extremely scared and worried about how the world was going to treat me and where my future was going to lead me. I later heard a song he did called "Still Standing" that is about him being broke, homeless, not having family around, and how he won't give up, which was a song I grabbed onto as my theme song for that period in my life. I say all that to say this, Jus Mic was the one guy at my job who saw me as a "misfit" and in a way took me under his wing and showed me it was okay to be worried about how I was going to survive! I later found out that he rapped and sang. At this time I didn't really listen to rap because I was looking for music that could reach me and that I could relate to. I first heard Jus Mic on myspace.com and was amazed at his attention grabbing voice and his message he portrayed through rap and singing. Jus Mic is of both African American and Italian decent so he has a cultural diversity about him that draws people from all cultures to him and his music, he has also been through a lot in his life that you can hear in his music. Jus Mic is doing major things in Cleveland and now across the world from major features on illroots.com and jenesismagazine.com to the 50mic tournament in Miami a few weeks ago. Also, Fans have been contacting him from over seas and across the country with the same story of how his music has touched them in there time of need! This is a rare thing in Hip-Hop and that is why I am such a huge supporter of real Hip-Hop and Jus Mic's music especially! All I ask is that you give him a listen and form your own opinion off that.

He has recently released a "CD Sampler" that was mixed by Legendary DJ Mick Boogie & Terry Urban that you can download above!

Jus Mic Myspace
Jus Mic Twitter
Jus Mic Blog

No comments: